Wednesday, December 2, 2015

"The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle!"

    Before the movie "300" (the tale of Spartan warriors) came out I was touting in the dojo these words of training advice to the deshi.  They understand the importance of this.  Pushing yourself to the limits and then beyond.  I always tell the students that "I will make harder in the dojo during training that it will ever get outside."  It is important because most people will train to a point on their own and when they start to tire out decide that is enough and never train to exhaustion only to the point of being tired.  Pushing yourself is always the hardest but of course it is my job to do just that.  I have been in training when I felt like I was going to pass out, even just recently in Virginia at the Butokusai training in the ocean on the beach at about 30 degrees outside at 5:30am in the morning with just a karate dogi on.  I survived(bearly) but I survived and believe I am stronger for it.(or simply nuts!

   If it weren't for others around me doing the same thing and sensei edging me and the others on I might have simply said "this is enough!" but I didn't.  I am glad that I did not give up but stretched my limits.  I hope that you too will find yourself being challenged and your limits pushed.  No matter what budo art you practice, mines being karatedo, find a way to stetch your limits and go beyond your normal boundaries to find that you can not only survive the training but expand your horizons in life itself.  I look forward to sharing more on what little I know of karatedo. Osu!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_zmL6BRCOA&feature=related

My dojo:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgeleVAvQW0



No comments:

Post a Comment